Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Racehorse Falls


Racehorse Falls and Racehorse Creek empty into the North Fork of the Nooksack River near Welcome Valley and along the side of Slide Mountain.  Both are named for the horse-head-shaped depression near the side of the lower falls visible in some of the photos below.

On the date these pictures were taken I was tired of sitting in my office and decided to go and visit several places that were good for photos.  At one site I took pictures of old machinery and vehicles before going on to the short hike to Lower Racehorse Falls.

There is an upper falls as well, I recently learned, but I have never visited it.  The pictures shown are of the Lower Falls and of the creek below the falls, one of four falls on the creek.  The Lower Falls drop a total of forty-eight feet.








No comments: